I won’t be quoting any individuals in my report, just statistics such as “over half of female users over the age of 16 answered x”. I would really appreciate it if anyone takes the 5 mins to fill this out as it will be so helpful in analysing online speech for my project :) It will be interesting to see what people answer so fill it out even for your own curiosity. Or just if you’re bored! There are no right or wrong answers, it is basically opinion based. Tumblr users whose first language is not English are very welcome to take part too :)
4. Languages you speak:
5. Mothertongue/First language:
6. Tumblr user since:
7. Do you agree that ‘tumblr language’ (certain terms/vocab and ways of saying things particular only to tumblr) exists?
8. a) Do you recognise the following terms as being part of ‘tumblr language’?
b) Do you understand them?
Please answer (a) by typing yes or no after each term and answer (b) by bolding the ones you do understand. e.g. ambiguous no
Idgaf/look at all the fucks I give!
Cool story bro
I can’t even/what is life etc.
Perfect human being
What is air
Your argument is invalid
You’re doing it right
9. Are there other terms you feel should be included in this list? Please list them:
10. Do you use any ‘tumblr language’ in ‘real life’? If yes, please list terms you use:
11. Do non-tumblr users understand you when you use them?
12. Any other comments you would like to add?